Paralegal (Sioux Falls, SD)
Department: Corporate Finance and Legal
Reports to: CFO
Job Purpose: Provide administrative support to corporate officers including CFO and General Counsel.
Essential Job Duties
- Welcomes guests and employees by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation for attorney.
- Conserves General Counsels time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents
- Drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; organizing meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, anticipating changes in litigation and other special legal functions.
- Produces department reports for CFO and other team members daily/monthly as requested.
- Maintains Office calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and travel;
- Represents corporate office by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Filing and organization of Company and legal records, discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Respond to emails and phone calls on behalf of CFO and General Counsel.
- Screens correspondence and phone calls for CFO and General Counsel. Answers/provides information when appropriate.
- H.S diploma required, some secondary education a plus.
- Paralegal certificate/experience preferred.
- Office Experience - General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication.
- Dependability & Attention to Detail.
- Computer skills to include: MS Office including Excel spreadsheet.
- Good driving record.