Human Resources Recruiter/Generalist (Iowa City, IA)
Position: Human Resources Recruiter/Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Director
Use your energy and drive to help us hire and retain the best and the brightest for our company. Billion Auto is a rapidly growing company with 27 locations in 3 states. You will be responsible for hiring strong candidates into a variety of positions. In addition, you will support 8 dealerships with 350+ employees. This is a true generalist position with responsibility for worker’s compensation, benefits and employee relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as on-site one person HR department reporting to HR Director at Company headquarters.
- Conduct full-cycle recruiting for all exempt and nonexempt personnel at 8 dealerships.
- Develop and implement strategy for recruiting talent, including participation in job fairs, develop partnerships with technical and 4 year schools.
- Partner with hiring managers to forecast and develop plans for staffing.
- Keep hiring managers up to date on recruitment efforts and open positions on a frequent/timely basis.
- Conduct background and reference checks insuring compliance with all federal rules, regulations. Insure approval of all new hires per Company policy.
- Provide applicant responses as necessary, call to schedule interviews for self and hiring managers.
- Conduct new-employee on-boarding; ensure all new hire communication and set up occurs.
- Train all new hires on timeclock system, work closely with payroll department to insure good communication.
- Provide benefits administration to include enrollment, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees. Set-up for and run health screens, flu shot clinics, open enrollment meetings.
- Develop strong relationships and partner with General Manager and HR team.
- Complete worker’s compensation paperwork with Manager and employee. Oversee manager updates, employee care updates and safety corrections.
- Handle employee relations counseling in partnership with HR Director and General Manager.
- Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Assist with management of FMLA, USERRA, Personal leaves of absences.
- Other HR related duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- B.A degree or applicable experience in human resources.
- 2-4 years experience in human resource generalist role.
- 1 year minimum high volume staffing/recruitment experience.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and team based project experience.
- Good attention to detail, strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines
- Experience with applicant tracking system, benefit administration program & various vendor websites.
- Use critical thinking to effectively solve human resource issues.
- the ability to make informed decisions based on facts.